Window treatments are often an afterthought when it comes to updating a home, but they are an important part of any room. Shades are one of the most popular types of window treatments, and with good reason. There are many benefits to including custom shades in your décor.
1. Custom shades today come in so many different styles and materials, you are guaranteed to find more than one that will work perfectly in any room of your home. From woven woods and Roman shades to cellular and roller shades, you can get them in almost any color, texture, or pattern.
2. Shades offer both light control and privacy. To block out the majority of natural light, consider using a room-darkening roller shade. Woven woods and Roman shades can both be made with room-darkening liners that are either attached to the shade or operate independently. On the opposite end of the spectrum, designer screen shades filter unwanted UV rays without blocking the sunlight, all while allowing a view of the outdoors.
3. Shades can reduce your energy bills. Honeycomb shades are the most energy-efficient window treatments on the market today. Adding these unique shades, made of single or multiple layers of fabric in cellular shapes, will keep the heat of the summer and the cool winds of winter out of your room. All of this reduces the need to cool or heat your home.
4. Shades are easy to combine with curtains or draperies because they operate up and down within the confines of your window trim. Instead of hanging regular sheers under your draperies, use Silhouettes® or Pirouettes®, sheer shadings that filter light through sheer panels when the fabric vanes are open and block out more light when they are closed.
5. Custom shades are available with a variety of operating systems. Standard operating systems for Hunter Douglas are the cordlock and clutch systems, but most shades can be made with upgraded operating systems that may better fit your lifestyle. For instance, if you have young children or pets, the UltraGlide system with its retractable cord, or SimpleLift or LiteRise, which are completely cordless, reduces the risk of entanglement. And for the ultimate in convenience, PowerView motorized shades can be operated with a remote control, mobile device, or a whole home automation system, like those available from Amazon and Google.
6. Custom shades are made specifically for your windows. As with all custom window fashions from Hunter Douglas, your windows will be precisely measured before your shades are made to ensure the proper fit. Many of the shades can also be made to cover uniquely shaped windows, including circular, arched, or angled. Once they are complete, they will be installed by a professional and covered by a limited lifetime guarantee.
If you are ready to enjoy the many benefits of custom shades in your home, or if you want to learn more about any of the window treatments from Hunter Douglas, visit the Sew Fine II Interiors showroom in Durham, North Carolina. We will be happy to help you find the right ones for your Cary, Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, or Raleigh home.